I'm really enjoying CN Blue's first album. They've already released two mini-albums, of which I really like Bluetory. This album isn't really a big change in their sound, but since they composed and wrote almost all of the songs on the album, I'd say it's a pretty decent effort. Here's one of my favorite songs, which features 종현 (Jong-hyun) on lead vocals instead of 용화 (Yong-hwa) as usual. As much as I do like Yong-hwa...I'm really in love with Jong-hyun's voice. It fits the tone of this sad rock ballad perfectly.
Here are the first two verses and the chorus. The whole thing is really poetic and beautiful in Korean, but my translations leave something to be desired. Song lyrics are actually not as easy to translate as you would think. (The last two lines have stumped me, so I will consult someone more knowledgeable than me and fix it later.)
창가에 흐르는 빗물에
In a song, in the falling rain
숨겨놓은 그댈 떠올리고
숨겨놓은 그댈 떠올리고
The hidden memories of you come to my mind
가슴에 흐르는 눈물로
가슴에 흐르는 눈물로
And through the tears spilling from my heart
그대를 지워보곤 하죠
그대를 지워보곤 하죠
I'm trying to forget you.
이 소리를 듣고 있죠
이 소리를 듣고 있죠
You're listening to this, right?
비를 좋아하던 그대도
비를 좋아하던 그대도
You, who loved the rain,
나를 기억하나요
나를 기억하나요
Do you remember me, too?
비가오면 나는 그댈 그려요
비가오면 나는 그댈 그려요
When it rains, I miss you.
사랑은 비를 타고 내려
사랑은 비를 타고 내려
Loves rides the rain and falls,
추억은 비를 타고 흘러
추억은 비를 타고 흘러
Memories ride the rain and flow,
내리는 빗소리에 또 그댈 떠올려요
내리는 빗소리에 또 그댈 떠올려요
In the sound of the falling rain, you come to my mind.
눈물은 비를 타고 내려
눈물은 비를 타고 내려
Tears ride the rain and fall,
기억은 비를 타고 흘러
기억은 비를 타고 흘러
Memories ride the rain and flow,
굳은 가슴 적셔 놓고
굳은 가슴 적셔 놓고
Soaking my hardened heart,
떠나가네요 비를 타고
떠나가네요 비를 타고
And you're leaving, riding the rain.
그댄 비를 보면 비를 닮아
그댄 비를 보면 비를 닮아
You said that when you watch the rain
슬퍼진다고 말했죠
슬퍼진다고 말했죠
Like the rain, you become sad.
우리의 사랑도 이젠
우리의 사랑도 이젠
Now, our love too
비를 닮아 버린 얘기이죠
비를 닮아 버린 얘기이죠
Has become a story like the rain.
그댄 떠나갔어도 나를 기억해줘요
그댄 떠나갔어도 나를 기억해줘요
Even though you left, please remember me.
(나를 기억해줘요)
(Please remember me.)
그리움이 많아서
그리움이 많아서
차오를 때 비가 부를 테니까
(Chorus)
No comments:
Post a Comment