Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It Seems Like All I Ever Write About Is Snow

Yep, that's right: it's snowing. Again. That makes three snowstorms of fairly major proportions (at least for this neck of the woods) in a week and a half. A week and a half! When some winters it doesn't even snow at all! And if you remember, there was another big snowstorm here back in the middle of December. Four snowstorms in one season? 말이 돼?!?

So what have I been doing with this windfall of extra time? Given that I can't go to work and classes are canceled, surely I've been doing something productive like finding a cure for cancer, right? Wrong. The most productive thing I've accomplished since last Thursday has probably been shaving my legs.

I know, I know. I'm hopeless.


But now, to spice things up, I thought I'd compile a short list for you, entitled:



Some Reasons Why I Watch Kdramas

1. The men are hot. (I never claimed this would be a meaningful list of reasons.)

2. I like romance. Kdramas are usually full to overflowing with romantic cliches. 

3. I'm a snob. I like that I can (mostly) understand Korean.

4. Did I mention the men are hot? And always doing romantic things for the girl?

5. I like that family ties are strong and meaningful to many of the story-lines. It's an aspect of life that is often missing in popular American television.





6 comments:

  1. It's also great that you're listening to Korean all the time, great practice. And shaving your legs does not make you hopeless, it makes you wonderfully smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! As long as the men are hot, who cares if you know what they are saying or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be so sick of snow. i know i am. where do you find kdramas? online, or is there actually a video store that rents them? i thought your internet was too ridiculous to watch stuff online!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch kdramas online, but there are stores/video rental places where you can get them, with and without English subtitles. Those places are mostly where there's a large Korean expat population -- there's one about twenty minutes from here -- but I guarantee nowhere in TN will you find them. My internet is ridiculously slow, so what I usually do is open a window and let it load while I go to class or do something else. Or else watch them at two in the morning when sensible people are asleep and the internet is faster, but shhhh, don't tell my mom. ;) If you're interested in checking it out, try these links:

    http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/youre-beautiful-episode-list/

    http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/coffee-prince-episode-list/

    Both of these are an excellent introduction to the genre. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is that? it looks beautiful from there..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean the picture at the top of my blog? I took that in Korea, from one of the mountains looking down into Seoul. The picture in the post is from the drama called IRIS, starring Lee Byung-heon and Kim Tae-hee.

    ReplyDelete