Friday night my host mom came and picked me up, showed me around the house (they have a very nice appartment), I unpacked, then watched the World Cup with my host brother, then went to bed.
Saturday I woke up, and we took the bus over to my school to make sure I could find it, and my mom and I chatted for a bit.
Then we took the bus back the other direction but got off at Emart (a big grocery store) to go shopping for dinner, then went home. Oops, before we went home we had lunch at a resturant, something I've never had before.
THEN we went home, I played on the computer for a bit (it's in the room I'm using, which is nice when I wake up really early like this).
Then we packed up our dinner (Korean BBQ) and went across the street to a little historical monument place where some dead people are buried (a long time ago, like burial mounds I think they might be kings?) and had a nice picnic where they made me eat until I almost died. Remember, this is Saturday still.
After that, we came home and my mom's nephew, who's also my brother's tutor, was here, he's a few years younger than me and was VERY surprised that I spoke to him in Korean.
My mom decided we needed to play some games as a family, so we played a couple and had a lot of fun, and they let me off easy so I only lost once. Then we watched more World Cup.
Anyway, that's only through Saturday night, believe it or not.
Yesterday morning before I went to church we made our own kimbap, my first time trying, and it was pretty good if I do say so myself.
Of course, all I did was put it together and roll it up, not actually prepare the ingredients. But it was still good.
After church, we went straight to see a production of Mama Mia! that's touring from Seoul. In Korean, of course. It was really good, and lots of fun. After that is when we went for bing, you know, the shaved ice stuff?
And my mom, actually, she wants me to call her aunt, anyway she ordered a waffle, too. And it came topped with a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate syurp...and a sliced tomato. Koreans definitely view tomatos as fruit here.
No comments:
Post a Comment