Friday, May 21, 2010

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home!"

image found here

And truly, there isn't any place like home. I've been home in good ol' Martin for about four days now, and it's been heavenly. The only detracting factor is that Heidi's in Chile while I'm home and Stephen can't afford to come home for the summer. (Actually, I can't either, but my parents paid. Wonder why they didn't pay for Stephen to come home? Maybe because he's getting a job out there? No idea.)

I love being home. Of course, I still fight with my siblings and go crazy when they run around the house acting like, well, kids; but it beats the heck outta living in the dorms. I'd rather put up with kid-noise than drunk people-noise. And then there's the fact that I can't sleep in with my dad insisting that everyone be up by 6 am. It's amazing how much more of a day you have when it starts at 6 am. On the other hand, it gets kind of tiring. But on the other hand, when I wake up in the morning I can have yummy, hot muffins made just for me by my amazing mommy. Or her amazing potato chowder for dinner.

All in all, being home is the best.

Still, I'm really psyched to be going to Korea in just a few weeks. Wooooohoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment