Dear Julia,
I still remember how nice you were to me in eighth grade, when I'd just moved halfway across the country and come to rural Tennessee with a big chip on my shoulder and an attitude about being there. I was grateful for your friendship. And then, in high school, when we used to talk about movies and you made me watch Mulan Rouge and when I had to leave in the middle of it you made me come back later and watch the rest. Those moments hanging out with you are some of my best memories of high school.
But I think the moment you blessed me the most was one of your hardest moments. Do you remember the night you called me at like midnight a few months after your parents' divorce? I was so touched that you would think me a good enough friend to wake up in the middle of the night. That meant a lot to me, and I cherish your trust and friendship. I don't want you to suffer, but if you are, I hope you'll call me in the middle of the night again.
You are so strong to meet head on the challenges that are facing your family. You and they have been through more than anyone should ever have to go through, but you're strong, and I admire you for keeping your faith despite your trials. You have such a bright, lovely spirit -- I hope you never let the world tarnish it.
Love,
AnnMarie
First of all, thank you for devoting an entire blog to me.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I love you.
Thirdly, I love you.
And other than that I do remember all those moments! I remember that our friendship was forged by our passions about our beliefs even though some of them were so different and I was an ass about it. Thank you for loving me even though I'm an ass sometimes. I miss you bunches and am so grateful that I met you in middle school.
Love, Julia