But here it is, a new year -- 2014! I'm pretty sure I'm still stuck somewhere about 2009, 'cause it blows my mind to think I'll be turning 28 (!!), I'll soon have a one-year-old niece (!!!), and my baby brother will join the ranks of the double-digit age club (!!!!) this year. Not to mention my parents are steadily working their way through their 50s. And who knows? Maybe I'll finally get a sister-in-law this year, too!
This is the traditional time for a few resolutions, made with passion and well-intentioned vows to change. I'm not such a huge fan of resolutions; I always end up loosing steam about two weeks into January, and then I just feel guilty. I'm not immune to the impulse, I'm just too cynical to make a (public) attempt. Instead, this year I made a list of twelve experiences -- one for each month of the year -- I want to have in 2014.
shoot a gun
go to the ballet
visit LA
go camping
attend the symphony
learn to cook some Korean food
organize a service activity
get a massage
rock climb
run a 5k
spend an afternoon at a museum / planetarium
hike to the top of a mountain
I must make sure to take copious pictures and blog about each of them. I also want to make sure to do each of these with someone, and not just do them for the sake of crossing them off my list. I want to do them to make memories and experience something new. Basically, I want to force myself to leave my house at least once a month so I have some semblance of a social life.

Love your lists of goals....or whatever you want want to call them.....experiences? It's cool that you didn't say which one which month, because who knows when the ballet is in town, right? And that you want to have someone there WITH you. It's memories WITH people that make them most memorable I think.
ReplyDeleteOh, and all your snow pictures are making me REALLY cold! ;)