Monday, September 3, 2012

All Moved In

After procrastinating it for a few hours this morning, I finally dragged myself off my bed (where I had returned after getting up to make breakfast) to go do something about the huge mess in my room you saw in the pictures yesterday. I always require a sit-on-the-floor-and-look-around-in-an-overwhelmed-fashion period of adjustment before I tackle anything, and this was no different, but I finally managed to decide where I want my bookshelves (yes, I have two! ^_^) and get my books unpacked and put away. After that I took a break to watch a drama (hey, it's a holiday). But after a big push and some "just do it" mental chivvying, this is what my room looks like now. Here's the view looking straight in from the door (which opens, inconveniently, to the left).


That little nook is darned inconvenient, I must say. The dresser was originally in the closet, but the closet isn't very wide and I couldn't open the drawers because the closet doors didn't slide open wide enough. So it got relocated to The Nook. (I think I will use the capitals from now on.) I'd have it facing forward, but it's missing a bottom drawer, and that looks kinda weird from the door, so it's sideways.


This is the view from the wall to the right of the door, the one the dresser is on. It looks a little cramped with my second bookshelf on the right, between the foot of my bed and the closet...but there really isn't a good place to put it. So it's here. Which is good, because I like having my books within eyeshot / arm reach. This way I don't have to get out of bed to get a book I want to read. (And I just want you to know, I made my bed just to take this picture. I hope you appreciate my sacrifice.)



Here's the view of the head of my bed (whew, those satin pillowcases are shiny!), my desk, and my other bookshelf (all of which came with my room - the other, taller bookshelf is mine, though). The door swings in front of the bookshelf when it's open, but thankfully the bookshelf isn't very deep so I can open my door almost all the way.





...and here's my view while I'm lying in bed, looking toward my bookshelf and closet (see how narrow it is?). I apologize for the lighting and the bad quality of the pictures, but the only camera I have is the one on my phone, and it's not even a hi-tech smartphone. It's just a 1 megapixel-camera dumb phone with no zoom. Still, you get the idea, right?



 I still haven't hung any of my posters, and the pictures / artwork might move around based on how cool the landlords are with nail holes. I think I'd like to hang my mirror lengthwise on the wall opposite the window. I'm hoping if I do, it'll throw around some light and hopefully make things a little brighter. I'm lucky, though, that my window faces south, so it's not a dank, dark, gloomy place and stays pretty light all day long. Still, I'm a big natural light fan, and the more the better, right?


I'm not sure how well you can see them, but those are some of my glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling. My siblings gave them to me for Christmas years ago, and they've been on all my ceilings since. They're the last little touch that always makes every new place feel a little bit more like 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment