Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blah Blah Blah

Hello, world. How are you today?

I just recently discovered the easiness of Dropbox for myself. Goodness, why did I ever email anything to anyone? It's so nice to be able to give someone a file without worrying about attachment limits on emails. I know, I know. I'm soooo behind the times (my little brother in middle school had a Dropbox account before I did).

In other news, there's a wasps' nest in the chimney of our bathroom fan. Me + wasps = not happy me. I was stung once (at least, I'm pretty sure it was a wasp - it stung my back and I didn't see it, so I can't be 100% sure), which was not my favorite experience. I'm thinking about making my brother come over and take care of it. Someone suggested that wasn't very feminist of me, but I'm secure in my equality. I have no need to prove it by killing spiders or mowing lawns or getting rid of wasps' nests. I'll gladly trade doing laundry for any of those things.

In other other news, I'm applying for a job in USU's Office of Admissions, where I'd mostly be reviewing applications and helping out students and faculty and doing general office work. I'm okay with that. It seems that Logan is the place for me right now, as much I might wish otherwise at the moment. I honestly thought I'd move on quickly after graduating, but it's not working out that way. It's not that I hate Logan, I was just planning on living somewhere a little bigger and not cut off from the rest of the world by a canyon that's dangerous to drive through in the winter. Plus, I'm dying to travel the world. I guess that'll have to wait. Anyway, I've been spending an inordinate amount of my life the last few days working on my resume and cover letter for this application. I want to get this job. Not just because I'm weary of looking for one, but because I've literally grown up on college campuses and I genuinely the atmosphere. And I am passionate about learning and I believe in higher education. It's nice to be able to get behind what you do; in fact, I think it rather necessary. So here's hoping my time and prayers will bring me the result I think I want!

Since I'm on a bit of a Feist kick at the moment, have another song.

No comments:

Post a Comment