Monday, February 27, 2012

Forget-Me-Not


"Let us not walk the path of discipleship with our eyes on the ground, thinking only of the tasks and obligations before us. Let us not walk unaware of the beauty of the glorious earthly and spiritual landscapes that surround us. ...[S]eek out the majesty, the beauty, and the exhilarating joy of the “why” of the gospel of Jesus ChristThe “what” and “how” of obedience mark the way and keep us on the right path. The “why” of obedience sanctifies our actions, transforming the mundane into the majestic. It magnifies our small acts of obedience into holy acts of consecration."


President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Forget Me Not
(emphasis added)



Unfortunately, I think I have forgotten this. Oh, not on an intellectual level, but on the gut level - the level where knowing it fundamentally changes your life. I've let earthly concerns crowd my mind until I want to curl up in a ball and just shut out everything meaningful and important. I resent the time it requires to do anything that takes me away from a state of curled-up-shutting-out-everything~ness: eating, exercising, doing homework, going to class...and all the little things I need to do to keep myself in tune with the Spirit and on the right track. Fortunately for my grade point average, I'm enough of a perfectionist to do just enough to get by pretty well in school, but "just enough" and "pretty well" don't cut it when it comes to spiritual things. 




[Source]: Photo here

No comments:

Post a Comment