I've become increasing more anxious over the last month or so, as I've been thinking about the future. I always thought I knew what I wanted to do, but I'm finding out as I'm studying at USU that I'm less and less sure. I've been so focused on just graduating from college for the last six years that I'd never really worried about what would happen after. Or I just assumed I'd be married by the time I graduated so I'd transition naturally into what I really want to do with my life: being a mother. Well, graduation is getting closer and my marital prospects are still in the "extremely slim to nonexistent" category, and I find myself faced with having to do something after graduation. The problem is, now I'm not so sure what that is.
Should I go to graduate school? If so, which one? And for what? And what's my end goal, that I'd go to graduate school to become or accomplish? Should I take a year off and work? Where? Should I go to Korea and teach English and gain more cultural and language experience while paying off my school loans? Should I go to Korea for graduate school? And how do I avoid becoming too focused on my career in the interim before I get married and start a family, while at the same time working hard and providing for myself and my family's future?
All of this makes me just the teensiest bit anxious. Or more than a teensy bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment