My family (minus the two kids right under me) sit down for a Memorial Day Korean breakfast!
Becca had a bit of a hard time of it, learning to use chopsticks. Daddy gives her a quick crash course.
Marianne eats some 김치 (kimchi).
Danny pauses his delicious meal to make an adjustment to his chopsticks-holding style.
Even Nathan (the littlest) thought it was tasty, as evidenced by his empty bowl.
This is what was left of an entire jar of 김치 (kimchi), a whole package of 김 (seaweed), and two cans of 참치 (tuna).
My mom and dad went up to Springfield, Illinois for a Mormon History Association convention this last weekend. While they were there, my mom stopped off at the Asian market and picked up some ingredients I need to make Korean food. Half in jest, I asked them last night if they'd like a Korean breakfast...only to be woken up this morning by my two youngest siblings clamoring for me to make them a Korean breakfast. Of course, I'm not sure if they knew that meant eating rice, kimchi, seaweed, and tuna for breakfast...but I've got to give them credit, they ate it well and pretty cheerfully. David didn't like it much (I think mostly because he can't use chopsticks and was too embarrassed to give it a proper go), and my mom wasn't a very big fan, but the little kids, and Daddy especially, really liked it. They ended up eating a whole jar (a small one, but still) of kimchi and an entire package of seaweed! They did much better than I did the first time I had the same meal, that's for sure. I guess it's a good thing my mom bought a whole gallon of kimchi -- it looks like we're going to need it!
우아! 촣겠다!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That's great! Daniel's still not a big fan of eating Korean food for breakfast...I think he likes his Peanut Butter Captain Crunch too much. :P
Could Becca possibly look anymore like Heidi?
ReplyDeleteThey do look very similar. What's crazy is how much Becca looks like my mom when she was that age.
ReplyDelete