Thursday, May 21, 2009

I think I've refined wasting time into an art

Today was one of those days spent embraced in the warm, inviting arms of the green chair in the corner of my living room. In practical terms that means I did one of three things: sleep, play on my computer, or read. Today it was mostly the second of the three -- I spent a while trying to find Korean pop music, and then another while trying to get it onto my blog. (Do me a favor, I pray thee: hit the play button and take a listen. C'mon, 들어보세요! You don't have to understand to love it.)

I wish I had something profound or even interesting to write tonight. I had a good idea for a post this evening as I was driving my sister to a choir practice for the middle school's eighth grade graduation, but it got lost in the chaos of bedtime and I haven't been able to recreate the atmosphere well enough to reclaim it. So I suppose it will just have to wait for another day. Maybe tomorrow my creative juices will be flowing more freely.

I've been rolling an idea for a creative project around in my head for the past couple of weeks. Lately, everywhere I go, it's like I see pictures jumping out of the everyday scenes through which I'm making my way. Walking to the library, driving to Wal*Mart, playing with my little brother in the park...the weather has been cooperating very nicely, as well, turning the fields into a vibrant, verdant green that is so picturesque. With all that popping into my head at random intervals, the idea of undertaking a photo journal or a kind of photo documentary of my small town has suggested itself to me. So maybe you'll see some of that here in the future.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I loved about being around you in Korea was that every time we would be speaking English you would all of a sudden use some Korean word or phrase that fit beautifully in what we were saying.....you even do it in your writing! I love it, oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's not just me who does that -- you can't help it doing it when you're a missionary. But it does because an integral part of your communication; I swear, one of the most frustrating things about being home is that no one knows what I'm talking about half of the time. :) I miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete